Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government of India. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) established in the year 1929, enjoys the distinction of being one of the oldest and largest Board of Secondary Education in India. The prime focus of the Board is on:
▪ The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education system that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour.
▪ The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among it’s learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leader in the emerging knowledge society
▪ Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student-friendly and student-centred paradigms
▪ Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices
▪ Skill-based learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs
▪ Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops, coaching and ongoing mentoring sessions etc
The Assessment in the Millennium Learning System is systematic, user friendly and unique. It has the provision to show the skill wise progress of the learners for every class and subject. Each child’s progress can be analysed easily across skills in all subjects to assess a child’s strengths and potential for growth in order to plan Performance Enhancement Plan for those who require it.
• Assessment Cycle :
Class Assessment : Progressive assessments after every chapter
Term Assessment: Minimum 5 times a year for Grade I-V, 4 times in a year for Grade 6-8.
▪ Second language: Foreign / Hindi
▪ Third language: Foreign language / Hindi / Sanskrit (for Classes 6 to 8 only)
▪ Social Science
CBSE Class 11 and Class 12
CBSE offers Classes 11 and 12 with total term duration of two years. The course culminates with Class 12 CBSE Board Examinations in the month of March. Students have to appear for examinations in five (5) subjects including one language, i.e. English
▪ English Core
▪ Computer Science / Biology / Business Studies
▪ English Core
▪ Business Studies
The pedagogical approach to holistic education at Millennium World School enables students to effectively focus on academics, as well as pursue their interest in sports and extra-curricular activities. MWS students have consistently secured exceptional scores in CBSE Board Examinations in, both, Class 10 and Class 12